Thursday, April 21, 2011

C4K #7, 8, 9, 10

C4K#7
The Missouri Compromise-
Mr. McClung has a short video of three of his students stating the details for the Missouri Compromise.
The students looked like they had a lot of fun in their video. I like the idea of having students make a video with the facts. It seems they will remember them better because they’re engaged in the learning process.
cartoon computer

C4K#8
Week in Review 17/03/11

This student talked about learning angels in math. I laughed because he spelled angels like "angles" and I was the worst at that as a little kid. They also told me how his class learned the song "We Are The World." They really liked learning the song. They also mentioned being the "communicator" in their inquiry group which I really liked because that shows leadership. In my comment, I asked the student if they wanted to be a singer or maybe even some type of director since they liked to be the "communicator." Also, I noticed how the student dated their week with the month being a 17- interesting culture difference!

C4K#9 Mrs. Yollis and her class--
Mrs. Yollis has been teaching for twenty-four years; a combination of third and fifth grade classes. Mrs. Yollis likes to travel with her husband. She seems EXTREMELY passionate about teaching her students. Mrs. Yollis recently finished her Master's Degree in integrating technology in the classroom. Her students, the bloggers, seem to really like learning and blogging! Their school in a suburb of Los Angeles. I've actually used Mrs. Yollis' 'Learn HTML code' link A LOT of times! I think it's great how the parents get involved on the blog! They are always commenting and I'm sure they're following the new posts often.

C4K#10 Jaden from Mrs. Yollis's Class
Immediately I liked Jaden's imagination. Jaden had his blog mascot, Mr. California, publish his post for him. Mr. CA told us about himself and he seems like a great mascot! Then Jaden asked if we had a blog mascot. (Jaden did a great job involving the audience in his post). I told Jaden how impressed I was with Mr. CA's credentials. I also told Jaden that I currently do not have a blog mascot but I've been trying to get a pengiun from Anatrctica, Toby, to be my mascot. I think it is a great idea to have a blog mascot (kudos to Mrs. Yollis). I'll most likely try to include fun accessories to my students' blogs. Jaden seems very intelligent and is a good blogger. I did my best to leave Jaden a quality comment. :]

This is Mr. California.
Jaden's Blog Mascot

No comments:

Post a Comment