Tuesday, March 8, 2011

C4T #3

Synthesizing Education by Aaron Eyler

Aaron Eyler's last post was December 29, 2010 so I assumed he probably wouldn't have a new post up by next week. Therefore, my first comment was on an article he posted on December 16, 2010 and I left my second comment on his most recent post which is December 29, 2010.

You Get One Shot At This- posted December 16, 2010.
Aaron Eyler listed a few posts he had read which discussed the impact of failure on our education system. Eyler believes teachers need to stop ignoring failure by just moving on to the next task. If a student "fails" a task they should be able to redo it and make improvements. Students that are only grasping 70, 80, or 90% of the curriculum can't fully understand the future concepts.
I agree with Eyler in the fact that when a student fails they should get a chance to make improvements. It doesn't benefit anyone when a student only understands parts of the curriculum. Partial understanding hinders the student's future learning.

Calling All Political Junkies Who Care About Kids- posted December 29, 2010.
Well Aaron Eyler wrote that his new year resolution is to blog regularly on his site. This was his last post... haha.
Anyway, Eyler posted that he's been infactuated with commenting on political blogs and debating the educational issues they address. He wants to start a political blog that would make understanding politics easier for children.
I think it would be a great idea to start a political blog for children! As a child I never fully grasped the concepts of politics but I think with a little more help I could have. I would definitely be interested in sharing this blog with my students in the future if Eyler makes the blog. If not, I'll probably find one made by someone else anyway because I think it is important for children to understand politics to form their own opinions on the issues.

politics picture

No comments:

Post a Comment