Sunday, February 20, 2011

Blog Post 5

Eagles' Nest Radio & Class Blog-
This is very cool! Third graders are creating their own radio show! It's very neat how they researched all the information then set up a podcast to share it all! Even the sound effects are awesome. I definitely plan on doing projects like this with my students. The kids were not only entertained, but they were ENGAGED. This is a great way to really learn the material, express personality, and involve all the students.

The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom-
My favorite thing about podcasting: it promotes creativity and innovation. It also makes learning more memorable because students and record their projects. The video on this blog covered the basic benefits of technology. It was a well-made video but I did not enjoy watching it. Honestly, I feel like it was dragged out and beat around the bush. However, the video did make great points. The blog gave a quick overview of the video which I found more helpful. It also supplied readers with podcasting tutorials which proved to be very helpful.

100 Ways to Use Your iPod to Learn and Study Better-
Wow. I had no idea there are so many iPod applications to help learn! This relates a lot to the iSchool which I've previously blogged about. I also know that Nursing majors at South Alabama have to have an iPod for its apps and such. All of these apps make learning a lot more convenient than a stack of huge textbooks. I'll most likely incorporate some of these apps in my future students' projects and even daily classwork. Actually, a lot of these apps would be very helpful for a lot of disabilities anyway like Audio book apps.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on the podcast. I think it is a great way to teach students. You made a great point in that it helps students be creative and innovative. Also on the iPod it seems you were as shocked as I was. I to had no clue that so much could be done on it.

    ReplyDelete